Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What is the best way to get paid translation work?

I have almost finished my degree in French here in Paris and would like to know how I can get French/English translation work, from sources in UK and on the Internet.What is the best way to get paid translation work?
schools

any government within the UK

Immigration department





Teaching or translation

http://www.languagemarketplace.co.uk/

http://www.lingo24.com/



there are two i found on a quick search -- there will be others if they do not suit you
Bilingual. Try working at a translation agency, or as an interpreter for the police, or as a home tuition teacher, or in Brussels, you have lots of openings.What is the best way to get paid translation work?
I actually just got a job translating English %26lt;=%26gt; French. I didn't even have to look. My professors knew that I was finishing my degree and when people came to them asking for student translators, they recommended me. Talk to your professors and tell them that you're on the market for a job. Ask them to pass the word on to others in their department.



Other than that, if it's something you want to do formally/professionally, find companies that you'd like to work for and submit resumes. Bonne chance!What is the best way to get paid translation work?
Go to google and look up translation networking sites. There are lots!
My nephew has passed his French degree and is now registered with the police as a translator.And gets paid sh*tloads for doing it!!
Don't you think that the College you are attending can help you answer this question? I would think so.
  • lipstick color
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment