Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Need an English to French Translation?

I was told by a friend that the term "I adore you" could be said in french both as "je t' adore" and as "je vous adore"


Is this true?





I thought that "je t' adore" meant "I love you" and that "je vous adore" meant "I adore you"





Is it true that means both things?


I'm doing a scrapbook for her and her husband (she has cancer so she wants him to have come nice to remember her, besides memories, when she is gone) I just want to be sure that I'm using the PROPER french/english translations.





The embellishments I'm using the scrapbook will have the french term and then the english term will be on the page as well.





Thanks.|||I love you is Je t'aime


beware the word 'adore' has nothing to do with love


je t'adore means u like someone alot like a friend or a boyfriend but nothing to do with love.





je t'adore and je vous adore means the same thing,except that the first one is more kinda personal , the second one is more respectful|||Je t'adore is when talking to someone informally that you know well.


Je vous adore is when talking to someone formally or to a group of people.|||"Je t'adore" is used when you know the person well, "je vous adore" is more formal, if you don't really know the other person. (or else it can be used as a plural form)


I love you would be "Je t'aime",or formal (which isn't really required in this context), "Je vous aime".|||Je t'amie means I love you. J'adore means I adore you. From what i remember from French class, one does not mean the other. Just check the spelling on the phrase , I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment