Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Advice on a good French-English translation?

I'm looking for some tips on a good translation of the phrase "je m'茅patais," in context of Rimbaud's poem "La Maline." I've looked up the word and everything but nothing seems to fit the tone of the piece... any advice?





PS - French speakers and/or advanced French students only, please. I'm perfectly capable of using google translate/looking it up on my own... that's not the kind of translation I'm looking for!|||The best term I can think of for "je m'茅patais.." is, " I was in awe."

"et je m'茅patais dans mon immense chaise" == ".. and I was in awe in my huge chair"|||Je m'茅patais (flatten) dans mon immense chaise.


http://www.wordreference.com/fren/%C3%A9鈥?/a>|||traduire Rimbaud en anglais !!!; quel crime !!!


de toute facon moi je dirai I was in awe. peut etre que je le reduirai a : in awe.... etc j'eliminerai I was qui est quand meme un peu lourd


bonne journeee et a plus

No comments:

Post a Comment