Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Crime and punishment french english translation help?

So I'm reading Crime and Punishment and tried finding a reasonable trasnlation online, but I can't seem to find this phrase:


J'apporte ma pierre 脿 l'茅difice nouveau


Can anyone help? Please!?!|||I contribute my stone to the new building.





I haven't read C%26amp;P for many years, but I seem to recall something about a new Tower of Babel in the Brothers Karamazov? Could it be a cornerstone? What's the context?|||Raskolnikov is not pleased...|||It says "I bring my stone to the new building", but because I've not read C%26amp;P, I don't know the context. That may make sense, or it could be some idiomatic expression that means something else.|||If you said what chapter it's in, there's an English version of "Crime and Punishment" online:


http://ebooks.adelaide.edu.au/d/dostoyev鈥?/a>|||tu devrais demander cette question dans Y!A.fr





i bring my stone to the new building? je ne sais pas...! probablement les bijeaux?|||Pas de probl猫mes de traduction. C'est d茅j脿 en fran莽ais !|||the word by word translation is "to bring one's stone to the building"





the expression "apporter sa pierre 脿 l'茅difice" means to contribute to an effort, to bring your knowledge for stg





PS the French translation of this book is "Crime et Ch芒timent" ;)|||"I add my stone to the new building."





It means "this is my part" or contribution.

No comments:

Post a Comment